1986-1989 Professor, Ph.D., Department of Pharmacology, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois, USA
1982-1985 M.S., College of Pharmacy, Seoul National University (SNU), Seoul, Korea (Majoring in Pharmacology)
1978-1982 B.S., College of Pharmacy, SNU, Seoul, Korea
♦ Faculty Appointments
2006-present Professor, College of Pharmacy, SNU
1999-2006 Associate/Assistant Professor, College of Pharmacy, SNU
1992-1999 Associate/Assistant Professor, College of Pharmacy, Duksung Women’s University, Seoul, Korea
1990-1992 Assistant Professor(Research)/Research Associate, Institute of Chemical Toxicology, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan, U.S.A.
♦ Other Professional Appointments
2007-2016.2 Director, Engineering Research Center (Innovative Drug Research Center for Metabolic and Inflammatory Disease), SNU
2001-2006 Principal Investigator of National Research Laboratory, SNU
2008-2011 Associate Dean, College of Pharmacy, SNU;
2005-2008 Chairman, Department of Pharmacy, SNU
♦ Major Professional Societies
2017-present President of Korean Pharmacological Society (대한약리학회)
2017-present Vice President of Korean Pharmaceutical Society (대한약학회)
2005-7-present Editorial Board Members of Journal of Molecular Signaling; Current Patents on Anti-Cancer Drug Discovery (Bentham Publications); Current Clinical Pharmacology (Bentham Publications),
1997-2012 Drug Metabolism and Disposition (ASPET)
1990(2003)-present Member, ASBMB; ASPET; SOT in U.S.A.
- KM Kim, CY Han, JY Kim, SS Cho, YS Kim, JH Koo, JM Lee, SC Lim, KW Kang, JS Kim, SJ Hwang, SH Ki, and Kim S.G.* Gα12 overexpression induced by miR16 dysregulation contributes to liver fibrosis by promoting autophagy in hepatic stellate cells. J. Hepatology DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jhep.2017.10.011
- Koo JH, Kim TH, Park SY, Joo MS, Han CY, Choi CS, and Kim S.G.* Gα13 ablation reprograms myofibers to oxidative phenotype and enhances whole-body metabolism. J Clin Invest. 2017 Sep 18. pii: 92067. doi: 10.1172/JCI92067.
- Han C.Y., Koo J.H., Kim S.H., Gardenghi S., Rivella S., Strnad P., Hwang S.J., and Kim S.G.* Hepcidin inhibits Smad3 phosphorylation in hepatic stellate cells by impeding ferroportin-mediated regulation of Akt. Nature Communications, 7: 13817 (2016) doi:10.1038
- Koo J.H., Lee H.J., Kim W., and Kim S.G.* Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress in Hepatic Stellate Cells Promotes Liver Fibrosis via PERK-mediated Degradation of HNRNPA1, and Upregulation of SMAD2. Gastroenterology, 2016 Jan;150(1):181-193.e8. doi: 10.1053/j.gastro.2015.09.039. Epub 2015 Oct 3.
- Han C.Y., Lim S.W., Koo J.H., Kim W., and Kim S.G.* PHLDA3 overexpression in hepatocytes by endoplasmic reticulum stress via IRE1-Xbp1s pathway expedites liver injury. GUT, 2015 Published Online First, doi:10.1136/gutjnl-2014-308506.
- Lee CG#, Kim YW, Kim EH, Meng Z, Huang W, Hwang SJ, Kim SG*. Farnesoid X receptor protects hepatocytes from injury by repressing miR-199a-3p, which increases levels of LKB1. Gastroenterology 142(5):1206-1217(2012) This journal has been ranked as 1st place among most cited papers in Gastroenterology & Hepatology field.
- Yang YM#, Seo SY, Kim TH, Kim SG*. Decrease of microRNA-122 causes hepatic insulin resistance by inducing protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B, which is reversed by licorice flavonoid. Hepatology 56(6):2209-2220 (2012) This journal has been ranked as 3rd place among most cited papers in Gastroenterology & Hepatology field.
- Cho IJ#, Kim YW#, Han CY, Kim EH, Anderson RA, Lee YS, Lee CH, Hwang SJ, Kim SG*. E-cadherin antagonizes transforming growth factor β1 gene induction in hepatic stellate cells by inhibiting RhoA-dependent Smad3 phosphorylation. Hepatology 52(6):2053-2064 (2010) (IF 11.190).
- Hwahng SH#, Ki SH#, Bae EJ, Kim HE, Kim SG*. Role of AMPK-S6K1 pathway in repression of LXR-alpha-dependent lipogenic gene induction and hepatic steatosis by a novel class of dithiolethiones. Hepatology 49(6):1913-1925 (2009) Article related with our previous paper: Identification of a novel class of dithiolethiones that prevent hepatic insulin resistance via the AMPK-S6K1 pathway. Hepatology 46(3):730-739 (2007) (IF 11.190)
- Yang YM#, Lee WH, Lee CG, An J, Kim ES, Kim SH, Lee SK, Lee CH, Dhanasekaran DN, Moon A, Hwang S, Lee SJ, Park JW, Kim KM, Kim SG*. Gα12 gep oncogene deregulation of p53-responsive microRNAs promotes epithelial-mesenchymal transition of hepatocellular carcinoma. Oncogene Epub ahead of print (2014)